Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sadie's Monologue


I told him
I told him to do it
I might a well had the gun in my hand
I killed Willie Stark

I am what man made me
He was too drunk and lazy to pay for a doctor
I became the plaster face Medusa
My brother-dead

A slap in the face I secretly enjoyed for I let Willie do the same to me
Leave me in the shack while he plays with the Nordic Nymphs
Remember that one time?
He got so drunk
What a sap!
Then, he got drunk with power
I loved him anyway

I swore I would
I swore I would kill him before I ever let it go
And I did
Jut as sure as he lies in the dirt
This time, he won't come back

It was one thing to still be with Lucy, but Anne Stanton?!
So high-toned and noble, huh?
I am Medusa
Snakes for hair and hated of mortal man

I made my way to the top
No feelings, just politics
He was the sacrificial goat I saved from the slaughter
Well, before I knew it, I was in too deep
He beheaded me
He beheaded me like Perseus did Medusa

-Sadie Burke

1 comment:

APLITghosts said...

I like the comparison to Medusa. It is very effective and correct in this case. The photo you picked is also very effective. I want you to write more. Sadie is smarter than the others because she knows the truth, works the system, and stays alive. Her pocked face is scarred and important. Talk about those scars too. Nice work. -elmeer